Thursday 2 May 2013

So what's my view on Core?

Well I personally can't stand Metalcore, to me it's whiny, wimpy, pathetic and boring (there are a few bands out there that stand out though). But I do like Deathcore, Grindcore and other genres with Extreme Metal and Hardcore influences. Also I do consider it Metal (Deathcore, Metalcore etc.) as much as I hate having other kids coming up to me going "OMG Amity Affliction are sah BR00T4L!."
But I guess if I consider Nu Metal as Metal than I guess I really have to consider Metalcore Metal. There aren't any Metalcore bands I like but there some quite sick Deathcore bands out there like Veil Of Maya, Thy Art Is Murder, Rings Of Saturn and Impending Doom.

Some Deathcore I enjoy:

Reign Of Darkness by Thy Art Is Murder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Plg93oJ1M

Awesome Deathcore from Australia with great production and some really unique tunes that aren't the typical generic ones you hear all the time. I do have one problem with these guys, well more so the fans because many consider them Tech Death which I completely disagree with. They are Technical Deathcore (I personally don't think they are that Technical)

Murderer by Impending Doom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQVST5ubeTk

I personally think these guys should be the standard in Deathcore like Cannibal Corpse is to Death Metal, sure they're a Christian Metal band but does that diminish it's quality? But I still prefer Thy Art Is Murder and Rings Of Saturn over these guys.

Galactic Cleansing - Rings Of Saturn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewyvCsHCU9E

Now this is what you call Technical Deathcore! The reason why I love this band so much is because I love technical wankery, it's why I love Necrophagist, Yngwie Malmsteen, Spawn Of Possession and other bands with insane technicality.

Now remember this is all personal opinion so don't get your panties in a twist if I somehow managed to annoy/offend you.

~Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment